Monday, March 28, 2011

Nostalgia...

26th March 2010, with lot of hopes and dreams in my eyes, blessings and wishes in my kitty, clothing and personal items in my suitcase, and a guitar on my shoulder, I left my home and took a flight to Bangalore.

The Almighty has shown me that your prayers can be answered; your struggles can have a sweet ending. Something similar happened with me. After sitting idle at my home, shattered and hopeless, I had finally got the most unexpected thing of that time, my offer letter from Infosys. My moments of despair turned into celebrations and happiness, and behind the picture were few people who stood by me when I needed them the most. Some people helped me out from nowhere... True, as I read in The Alchemist, "Everything is written and you are bound to reach your destiny". It was happening with me. I got my reporting date in Infosys Mysore as 28th March 2010.

Coming back to March 26th 2010, standing at the IGI airport, I was very excited to board my first flight, to be present at my beloved cousin's birthday, to join Infosys, to step into a new life. As the flight arrived, I took my seat and started gazing through the window, watching the aircraft getting airborne, going above the clouds. Yes, I was on cloud 9 too. As couple of hours passed, the flight touched down ground at Bangalore International Airport. Without further delay, I took a cab to reach my cousin's home. Such a great feeling it was.

March 27th 2010, was the day of celebrations and lots of shopping. It was my cousin's birthday and a day before I had to step into a new life... It was an amazing day indeed. I was all set to leave from Bangalore next day, and arrived the awaited day, March 28th 2010. I left for Mysore in the morning. With full of excitement, I reached Infosys Mysore campus. After initial formalities, I was allowed to step into the campus, where there were 14000 other trainees wearing colored straps around their necks with an ID card saying that yes, they were employed by Infosys. I soon collected my room keys and checked into the hostel. After getting into the room, I placed my luggage at appropriate place and took rest.

We assembled at the multiplex the very next day for the Induction briefing. We were made to feel that we are going to do something extraordinary. The joining formalities were being carried out and this process took a week to complete. I was now a part of March 29 LC2 CS batch. The journey of my generic training started from there and it went on smoothly. I was enjoying my every single day there. That place gave me an opportunity to learn, earn, and have fun, all at the same time. I was in a dream run. After the generic training, our stream specific training started and I was now in ESA June 10 batch. Though the batch changed, everything else remained the same.

Finally, at the end of this training, it was time for new posting locations. I desperately wanted to join in at Hyderabad STP where my best of friends were already posted. And voila, I got the location of my choice. Isn't God great?

Life at Hyderabad started with a lot of adjustments, learning, and of course fun. The Delivery environment was entirely different from training, but it proved to be the actual path of learning. I was lucky to be a part of a very nice team who always support and guide me with my work. I somehow managed to still stay in touch with all my hobbies. My weekends are dedicated to music room, badminton court, etc.

I was back at Delhi few days back on the occasion of Holi, and was leaving back for Hyderabad. The circle of life was coming into picture.

26th March, 2011, with lot of hopes and dreams in my eyes, blessings and wishes in my kitty, clothing and personal items in my suitcase, and new responsibilities on my shoulder, I left my home and took a train to Hyderabad. 27th March 2011, I wished my cousin from train itself and 28th March 2011, I joined back my office, completing one year of the journey with Infosys, which I never expected to start.

I thank every single person who was a part of this journey and supported me walking through it. I wish this journey continues and I get new things to explore on my way...

No comments:

Post a Comment