Monday, December 15, 2008

A little secret...

So, you may be wondering why I'm posting this blog at an unusual time, when my exams are on, and especially when the country is sleeping. The reason is, I've not posted any blog from past few months, and I have lot to share with you. I was told by a friend of mine, who also inspired me to get into this blogging business, to maintain a diary so that I can transform my thoughts into words. But poor girl, very little she knew that how much I hate to hold pen and paper and do that writing stuff. Well leaving all these nonsense behind, and focusing on the main aim to write this blog, I want to tell you a little truth of my life. I hope you would have felt the same at some point in your life, but may be in a different manner. I was watching TZP (Taare Zameen Par) a few minutes before. I exactly don't remember the last time when I cried, but I must admit, the movie was able to roll out a couple of tears through my eyes on certain occasions. I felt the pain through which the lead character of the movie was going through. But he got the right guidance form a right person. And he proved himself to the world on the basis of his main talent, painting. Hats off to him...

You may be asking why I'm telling you this. It's because now the truth, which I mentioned earlier, comes into picture. When I got promoted to secondary school from primary, everything went normal except one thing, the subject of Mathematics. I know this subject is like a migraine for many others too. From class VI onwards, I lost my interest in this subject which could be seen in my marks. This continued till class X. I somehow managed to get 55% in Mathematics board exams which allowed me to get into my favorite field, the field of science. My flop show in this subject continued in XI and XII too. Because of this, I couldn't get admission in B.Tech. The management quota required a extra payment of Rs. 2 Lakhs which we couldn't afford. But I was determined to get into the B.Tech. For that, I had to join a Polytechnic college and then I took Lateral entry to B.Tech IT. But what the hell, I got to study the damn subject here too. The only difference this time was that I couldn't manage to clear it like past and still suffering due to it. Although the digits or the symbols don't do dance or wobble in front of my eyes as in the movie, but I still find it hard to study them.

So that was my weakness, and I know, you too will be having your own sort of weakness. But wait, you might be possessing something special to you, for which you are known, for which you are proud. Although I have Mathematics as my weakness, I worked hard on science, my technical knowledge, especially computers, music, sketching, etc. But I'm known to others because of my skills in the computer field. And here is a secret… I'm very poor at it. I don't know coding. Hmmm, so you are thinking I'm lying. You are asking that how the hell I make such things like posters, websites and softwares. Here is the answer; it's all the hard work I do. Things don't come to me easily either. It takes a long for me to make them. I do all possible things to make them better. I love to make the codes as complex as I can. For that, I refer to e-books, Internet, etc. when I start any project, I don't feel relaxed till I finish it off. I put all my effort to make it perfect. The visual appeal is also as vital as the codes. I don't sleep in nights in order to complete them.

I consider these skills as a gift of god to me. It makes me to go places. And this is my talent. Just like painting was the talent of Ishant Awasthi in TZP. I'm sure that you will have a talent within you. Bring it out. Let the whole world see it, admire it, award it. It lets you to identify yourself in a crowd. So, go ahead, show the world what you can do. All the best...

2 comments:

  1. yeah.... u hav a gr8 way 2 go, jst kno how to utilise ur potential..
    :)

    ReplyDelete