Monday, December 29, 2008

A Strange Feeling...

The countdown has begun. The time is passing by. Year 2008 is about to end and 2009 is going to start in a couple of days. So, I wish you all a Happy New Year in advance...

But along with this passing year, our seventh semester comes to an end and year 2009 starts our eight semester, the final semester. Cannot believe the time went by so fast. The memories of our third semester are still fresh in my mind. The first day in the college, the counseling sessions, the first lecture, the first lab, seems that everything happened just yesterday. I still remember the difficulties I faced while joining the college. The atmosphere of the college was entirely different from my polytechnic college. And choosing Information Technology in B.Tech was a total flip of disciple after studying diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I knew I can't do much in the third semester. So, I took my own time to settle down. And the time when I got settled, we had our end term exams. The result, I got back in three subjects. I was not at all surprised. But it was really saddening as I never failed in exams. But only failures teach you the taste of success. After the failure of the third semester, I balanced myself and got control over my studies. The result, fair score in the fourth semester and so on. And now, while giving seventh semester exams, I was so relaxed that I could listen to songs before entering the exam hall.

But even if the third semester was a failure, I consider it as my most successful part of my life where I got to meet a few good people whom I can call as my friend. They are still my best pals from the day I got to know them. The journey till now in the college also helped me to establish myself as an individual who has his own identity. Else I would have been still a nerd. A couple of events, Technocratz and Virus 2k8 gave me recognization. Now I feel myself very comfortable in the college with limited, but precious friends. We spend a lot of time together, playing, laughing, fighting, eating, etc... But it also made me to understand that everything that shines is not gold. It's nice to be an important person, but it's more important to be a nice person.

Now, when this year is about to end, the last semester of my college life begins. The time will pass out quickly. The semester will come to end before we can enjoy it completely. Some friends will depart, some will stay in touch. Many of us will get busy in our lives. At that point of time, we will miss our college days. Today, I'm getting the same feelings as I got while entering in XII class. The last year full of freaky events, attitude, command, responsibilities, etc. and at last, farewell. The time for us to leave the college is coming. The time to enjoy it to maximum is coming. The time to know who your true friends are is coming. So, let's move forward and live the last semester of our college life. Who knows what the future has in its store for us... All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment